Full Time - New York / Remote
Do you enjoy you making the complex simple? Do you believe that the details are the product? If so you might be right to join TouchCast, where we are dreaming up the future of video. Product Managers are fundamental members of the TouchCast team. They are driven and unflinching as they pilot a product-led company.
You will work hand-in-hand with the Head of Product, design team, and engineers to craft the next generation of our smart video product suite. We move quickly with a developer-heavy team that can quickly execute. Be prepared to jump into the deep end with us to solve UX and logic problems. Beyond good product instincts, we want someone who is: well-organized; a great communicator (verbally as well as visually with documentation); and experienced managing resources. Our PMs must be well-organized to efficiently plan and prioritize each detail for implementation.
TouchCast is the world’s fastest growing end-to-end video solution. We offer the most powerful video tools through ‘Smart Video’ -- video that is interactive, easy-to-make and collaborative. You’ll be designing across three core video authoring applications as well as a secure video management system. Enterprise companies use our tools for internal communications all over the world. Educators use our products for teaching, student presentations, and collaboration. And we’re just getting started.
Joining the TouchCast team means joining our family. We are 60+ passionate, committed people. We enthusiastically build products that serve our clients well and their success will always be job one.
This is a great product management role for someone who wants to own every aspect of a product. It will be helpful to have prior experience in technology, project management, user experience design, etc. We place a heavy emphasis on documentation (like specs and prototypes) to communicate across the team and we’ll want to see examples of how you work. And please be prepared to provide references. Email: email@example.com with the subject "[Product Owner]" ...let's see who can follow directions ;)
This role can be remote or based in our New York offices. We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Preference will be given to individuals with prior experience working with video tools or general online video product development.
- Own every detail of a specific product. Understand what success looks like from the point of view of the end user / clients. Track the KPIs.
- Define requirements, problems, goals, and gaps. Work with the design team to map user flows, prototype interactions, and oversee the implementation.
- Communication across the team is vital. Lead internal product documentation and marketing for your product. Embrace ticketing systems and oversee data flow.
- Manage those working on the product serving as a steady mind as requirements change.
- Anticipate common product challenges (onboarding, empty states, error cases, connectivity issues, etc.) and business requirements (security, application installation, etc.).
- Creative problem solver.
- Excellent written, visual, and verbal articulation (with an emphasis on drafting documentation).
- Soft skills, like the ability to navigate competing stakeholders to keep processes moving forward effectively.
- Prior experience with collaboration with product managers, designers and/or engineers.
- Experience working with a distributed and / or remote team.
- Understand the foundation of video technology.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org